Scroll down for sequential pages.

Or for a specific page, click on the page thumbnail in the right column.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When thinking of being loving toward ourselves,

Love is patient and kind.
I am patient with myself;
I do my best for myself;
I do not resent myself;

Love is not ill-mannered or irritable.
I do not belittle myself;
I donot have unrealistic expectations of myself;
I am not discourteous to myself;
I do not get irritated with myself;

Love is not jealous, conceited, or proud.
I do not isolate myself from others;

Love does not keep a record of wrongs.
I do not identify myself with my bad points;
I am never condemning of myself;

Love does not like evil
(hurtful, excluding behavior)
I am not grimly satisfied with myself when I do wrong...

But is happy with the truth.
...on the contrary, I am pleased when I do right;

Love never gives up, and its faith,
hope and patience never fail.
I am always loyal to myself;
I am always hopeful for myself;
I always bear with myself.

Adapted from Today's English Version of Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 13, verses 4-7 and from a personal letter from Roger J. Corless dated December 17, 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment