Scroll down for sequential pages.

Or for a specific page, click on the page thumbnail in the right column.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When thinking of being loving toward others,

Love is slow to lose patience.
May I be content to wait without becoming angry when others fall below the expectations I have set for them.

Love is kind and constructive.
May I be cautious in my judgments towards others and honestly seek to be a healing rather than a hurting presence in my relationships.

Love is not possessive.
May I not have to be in control of every conversation and situation.

Love is not anxious to impress.
May I relax with whomever I am associated and not feel I have to be the life of the party in order to feel secure.

Love is not arrogant.
May I have a balanced view of my  place in the body of humankind.

Love has good manners.
May I respect the rights and dignity of others enough not force thoughtless behavior upon them.

Love is not self-centered.
May I find pleasure in the happiness of others.

(Adapted from a responsive reading which was part of a worship service at The Olin T. Binkley Memorial Baptist Church, Chapel Hill, NC, in March 1984.)

No comments:

Post a Comment